How To Increase My Website Traffic in 2022
If you operate a website, you probably want as much traffic as possible going to that site. Increasing traffic to your website can improve your sales, gain you new leads, and build your brand awareness. But it can be challenging to increase traffic to a site. This post will outline a few strategies you can utilize to bring more visitors to your website including PPC advertising, SEO, and social media marketing.
One of the best ways to increase your website traffic is to run an effective pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaign. PPC is an advertising model where internet marketers and advertisers pay a fee each time someone clicks on one of their ads. This is also known as “paid search” marketing.
To run your ads on a search engine like Google, you must bid for your ad during the Ad Auction. The Ad Auction determines which ads will appear on search engine results pages (SERPs) by ranking advertisers based on their Quality Score and bid. The Quality Score is Google’s rating of the user experience provided by your ads and landing pages.
To begin PPC advertising, you must first have a Google Ads account if you plan on advertising on Google or a Microsoft Advertising account if you are advertising on Bing.
Create a Google Ads account here
Create a Microsoft Advertising account here
How To Increase Website Traffic Using PPC
PPC is a great tool to increase your website traffic. Here are a few ways you can optimize your PPC campaigns to bring more internet users to your site:
- Make sure your ads are mobile-friendly: According to recent data, almost 60% of searches are conducted from a mobile device. This means that you have to optimize your ads for mobile users. Because of the size of the screen, it is more important to have your ad be in one of the first 3 positions so users see it. If it is not in one of these positions, that ad is unlikely to be clicked.
- Target a specific audience: At the campaign level of your ads campaign, you can define the target audience you want to see your ads. This is helpful when trying to increase traffic to your website. If you know a segment of internet users will never visit your site, you can do certain things like add negative keywords, so those users will not see your ads.
- Stop paying for ads that are not bringing traffic: Because you have to pay for PPC ads, it is best to spend your money wisely. If a particular campaign or ad group is not performing well, either pause or remove that ad and spend more resources on ads that are increasing traffic to your website.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a fantastic way to increase traffic to your website. There are currently over 3.6 billion people active on social media globally, and this number is expected to increase to 4.41 billion in 2025. With this many people using social media platforms, it is necessary for your site to have an effective social media marketing campaign if you want to increase your website’s traffic.
Marketing Tips For Social Media Platforms
Advertising on Instagram is a great way to bring traffic to your website. Here are a way effective strategies for Instagram marketing:
- Use an Instagram business account
- Before advertising, decide what audience you want to reach
- Write interesting captions
- Run an Instagram sweepstakes or contest
- Use Instagram stories
Running an effective marketing campaign on Twitter can increase your website’s traffic significantly. Below are a few ways to enhance your marketing campaign on Twitter:
- Use Twitter Ads
- Research the best time-of-day to tweet
- Interact with followers
- “Pin” a tweet that will lead people to your website
- Use editorial calendars
As Facebook is the most used social media, advertising on the platform is a fantastic way to increase traffic to your website. Listed here are tips for advertising on Facebook that are sure to bring new visitors to your site.
- Have a clear call-to-action
- Optimize images
- Write interesting add copy
- Familiarize yourself with Facebook’s Ad Manager
- Interact with users
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a way you can organically increase traffic to your website. The main goal of SEO is to increase your website’s ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs) so that it is one of the first results a user sees. The higher your site ranks, the more traffic you are likely to get.
How To Improve SEO To Increase Website Traffic
- Keyword research: By performing keyword research, you will learn what people are searching for online. After you complete this research, you can update your site with your findings so more people will see the site. It is a good strategy to pursue long-tail keywords because there is less competition for these terms.
- Optimize title tags and meta descriptions: If your website has compelling title tags and meta descriptions, more people will click on it. Keep in mind that title tags should be at most 60 characters, and meta descriptions should be about 155 characters.
- Blog: Blogging is a great SEO strategy to increase traffic. Having a blog allows you to create new content regularly with the goal of bringing people to your site. Another benefit of blogging is that you can increase your website’s keyword density by adding keywords in the blog posts.
- Gain links from authoritative websites: If authoritative sites link to you, it will help your SEO and boost your ranking, which is sure to increase your website traffic. To gain these links, perform outreach and possibly guest blog for an authoritative website. Regularly producing great content is also a way to get sites linking to you.
SEO vs. PPC: Which will drive the best results for you? When researching products, 80% of shoppers start online. How do you capitalize on those potential leads? You need your site to show up in their search results, and you can accomplish that through search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising (PPC). Both aid in […]
How Does Web Design Impact SEO? 6 Tips for Optimized Design Have you ever visited a site that took forever to load? Or maybe the page was difficult to navigate? We’ve all experienced that, so you probably know firsthand that web design matters. But does web design impact SEO? Yes! Web design impacts search engine […]
Drive More Engagement With These 8 Social Media Tips for Businesses With 5 billion active users, social media provides an enormous opportunity for your business to engage with potential customers. Social platforms bring incredible reach — and drive results for your bottom line. But where do you begin? How do you leverage social media’s potential? […]
Just like writer’s block, running into an idea block with online marketing ideas is an awful feeling. You need new blog post ideas or want to create a cool infographic. How should we approach this advertisement? You feel like you are in a hole or rut that you can’t get out of no matter how […]