Google Marketing Strategies and Tools for your Business in 2024
Are you in need of a Google marketing strategy to grow your business online? With over a billion searches conducted on Google daily, any business can benefit from marketing its products and services through this robust search engine. Have you thought about how it can help yours?
Well, Google can help your business in many ways. For instance, a Google Business Profile can aid in raising brand awareness, Google Ads can increase website traffic and direct leads, and Google Analytics can provide reports on website traffic, allowing you to tailor future content to what your audience finds most engaging.
Like any business tactic, Google marketing requires a strategic approach. Therefore, starting with a goal, then a plan to achieve it, and finally, strategies to measure your progress are essential. In this post, we’ll discuss Google marketing strategies you can use to gain exposure, boost traffic, and drive conversions.
Here’s a brief overview of what we’ll cover:
- What makes Google a powerful marketing asset?
- 3 successful Google marketing strategies
- Tools for enhancing your Google marketing strategies
Before we begin, join our email list to receive helpful insights and practices for how you can improve your online presence and increase your digital marketing campaign’s success.
What makes Google a powerful marketing asset?
About 80% of shoppers research products online before buying them. Plus, over 70% of B2B prospects research purchases online, even when they intend to buy offline. A search engine results page (SERP) is the primary platform where prospective customers learn about the business they want to buy from.
Google receives more than 84% of desktop searches and over 95% of mobile searches. The search engine’s algorithms assess the search terms and millions of websites to determine the searcher’s intent and the pages that provide the most accurate solutions to their query. So, when it comes to marketing your business on SERPs, Google marketing strategies reign supreme.
Beyond its vast reach, Google has numerous intuitive marketing tools that improve your ability to build and assess strategies. It ultimately makes internet marketing simple for businesses willing to invest the time and resources in its tools.
3 Successful Google marketing strategies
The right strategy will ensure you take full advantage of everything Google can offer your business. Although most of the Google marketing tactics work well, they’re much more powerful and effective when you integrate them.
Here are the top three Google marketing strategies you can try:
1. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
With a PPC advertising strategy, you can place your ads where they can gain the most traction — right at the top and bottom of the results page. You can also display your banner ads on third-party websites and place them on competitors’ sites to poach their traffic.
The best part is that showing your ads under the PPC model is free. You’ll only pay for the clicks your ad garners. The PPC model allows for cost-effective strategies that favor quality since it targets users already searching for your services, leading to a favorable ratio between clicks and conversions.
In addition, although you can implement a PPC strategy yourself, partnering with an experienced PPC agency will give you access to resources that drive results. For instance, WebFX can create a tailored PPC campaign that boosts your business’s conversion rate and bottom line. Plus, with our exclusive revenue acceleration software, your company’s PPC campaigns can improve by as much as 20%.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO is at the heart of the best Google marketing strategies. It drives organic traffic by ensuring your website appears on the first SERP when your ideal audience searches for relevant products or services. The most effective SEO campaigns come from carefully using meticulously researched keywords.
Google uses algorithms to determine which pages provide content that best answers the user’s search query and displays them on the top SERPs. That’s why targeting relevant keywords for your website is essential to show Google algorithms that your content is relevant and caters to the user’s search intent.
Several keyword research tools online help you determine the best keywords to use. For instance, KeywordsFX is a free keyword research tool that provides a comprehensive list of keywords related to your business. It also gives a list of similar phrases and questions linked to your search and allows you to copy the list of results or export it to a CSV file.
3. Content marketing
As the old saying goes, “Content is king.” Content marketing has to be amongst the best Google marketing strategies.
This strategy garners traffic by ensuring your website provides the information your target audience needs. It fills your site with blog posts, videos, infographics, and other resources that answer key questions relevant to your industry.
Content marketing helps build your company’s credibility and establish it as an industry authority. By answering your audience’s questions, you build trust and stronger connections with them. Providing solutions to their concerns shows them that your business cares.
When users find the answers to their questions on your web pages, they are more likely to come back to your site when they are ready to buy a product or service you offer. That’s why it’s essential to include a call-to-action (CTA) that drives the reader further down the sales funnel or keeps them engaged until they’re ready to convert.
7 Tools for enhancing your Google marketing strategies
Google develops numerous unique tools to help your business build and monitor its marketing strategies. Here are some of the advertising tools you should consider:
- Google Ads provides several other useful features in addition to its ad management capabilities. You can easily see, amend, and update your account information with its account management tool, use the included keyword tool to help you find relevant keywords, and fine-tune where your ad shows up by providing placement refinement capabilities.
- Google Adsense provides easy and immediate access to a vast pool of advertiser demand, leading to more competition for your ad spots and better quality ad placement for all your online content.
- Google Trends gives you valuable insight into the topics your target audience is researching online. You may use this tool to monitor search volume for a specific keyword across time, season, and geography.
- Google Business Profile increases the likelihood that potential customers in your region will come across your company when they search for goods and services you provide on Google. Customers get detailed directions to your storefront from your Google Business Profile listing, which also helps improve your local SEO efforts.
- Google Analytics is a useful tool for gaining insight into the performance of a commercial website. It’s useful for checking how well your marketing, content, and items are doing with customers. It also gathers information and organizes it in a usable fashion.
- Google Search Console makes it simple to track and, in certain situations, fix server faults, site load problems, and security concerns like hacking and malware. It also guarantees that any search-performance-related changes you make to your site go off without a hitch.
- Google Keyword Planner is a valuable tool for finding relevant keywords for search marketing campaigns. You can use this free tool to research potential new keywords related to your business, along with an estimate of how often users search those phrases and how much it would cost to advertise to those people.
You can spread the word about your offerings using Google marketing tools and strategies, refine your content strategy, attract new customers, and raise your bottom line.
Maximize your Google marketing results with WebFX
At WebFX, we know that a strong Google marketing strategy can increase your reach and expand your revenue. That’s why we help you implement SEO, PPC, and content marketing to place your business in front of people searching for your offerings.
We have over 450 Google-certified experts ready to maximize your website’s performance. We use the best Google marketing tools and give you access to our exclusive, robust digital marketing technology.
Are you in need of a Google marketing strategy to grow your business online? With over a billion searches conducted on Google daily, any business can benefit from marketing its products and services through this robust search engine. Have you thought about how it can help yours? Well, Google can help your business in many […]Read more
Link juice, also called link equity, is a concept that determines how much value a link has when it’s used on other pages. Multiple factors contribute to this value, from the page’s authority and relevance to HTTP status codes and more. Link juice is one of several criteria that Google uses to determine a page’s […]Read more
Whether you’re writing a service page or a blog post, having a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is crucial to gaining traffic, improving rankings, and reaching your business’s goals. Once you research, incorporate keywords and backlinks, and add detailed, relevant content, that’s pretty much all there is to it — right? Although the bulk of […]Read more
Among the endless number of marketing tips and tricks, optimizing anchor text may be one of the most important. Using internal and external links in your content can promote your brand, build trust and create more authority. However, the words you attach links to — called anchor text — matter as much as the links […]Read more