How To Get Leads To Your Website
If you run an online business, getting leads to your website is one of the most important things you need to do. In a marketing context, a “lead” refers to making contact with a potential client or customer. Examples of leads include contact forms, emails, phone calls, etc. Getting leads to your website can be challenging, however.
Now, if you keep asking how to get leads to your website… well, this post will outline a variety of strategies that can be used for lead generation. There are many ways to generate leads, but we are going to focus on three great and effective ways to do it: SEO, PPC and social media.
Enhancing your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the best ways to get leads to your website. SEO is the process of optimizing a website to increase its ranking on search engine results pages. Having an effective SEO campaign is also a great way to generate leads to your website.
How to get leads to your website with SEO
There are many ways that SEO can be used for lead generation. Here are just a few:
- Keyword Research: Researching what people are searching for is great for lead generation. After completing keyword research, you can use these relevant keywords in your marketing efforts to attract potential customers to your website.
- Long-tail Keywords: During your keyword research, be sure to target long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are phrases that are typically 4-6 words long, and there is less competition between websites for these keywords.
- Write Interesting Meta Descriptions: Meta descriptions summarize the content of a page. While not direct SEO ranking factors, meta descriptions are great for gaining leads because they inform users about what to expect on a certain page.
- Optimize Landing Pages: When performing SEO on your site’s landing pages, add “calls-to-action” links that, when clicked, count as a lead.
- Optimize Website For Mobile Users: Many websites fail to properly optimize their content for mobile users. This can hurt their lead generation efforts. When optimizing your website for mobile visitors, be sure that calls-to-action links are still visible.
Want to know more about SEO? Read how to do SEO
Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) is perhaps the best way to generate leads to your website. PPC is a digital marketing model where advertisers pay each time an internet user clicks on one of their ads.
The most common type of PPC ads are “paid-search ads,” and they appear when people search for a particular keyword or phrase that matches with an ad. It is important to note that ads must be bid on during the Ad Auction to be successfully displayed. The Ad Auction will then rank advertisers based on a combination of their bid and Quality Score.
PPC campaigns can be managed through Google Ads for ads run on Google and Microsoft Advertising for ads run on Bing.
How To Use PPC Advertising For Lead Generation
Listed below are some PPC strategies that can be utilized to get leads to your website.
- Target The Right Audience: At the campaign level of PPC, you can choose what group you would like to target. You can target age demographics, the time-of-day ads are shown, geographic location, and more. These targeting options will allow you to only run ads for people that might be interested in your website, which is great for lead generation.
- Create Unique Landing Pages: When running paid ads, it is important to create landing pages that deliver what the ad promised. If a user clicks an ad, but it takes them to an irrelevant landing page, that person is unlikely to be a lead for future business.
- Use Negative Keywords: Adding negative keywords to an ad campaign is great to get leads to your website. Setting negative keywords will prevent your ads from running if an undesirable keyword is searched. You can choose negative keywords that you know will not result in any lead generation.
- Track Your Campaign: You can track your ad campaigns using Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising. These services will detail valuable metrics regarding your campaigns such as click-through-rate, impressions, bounce rate, and more.
- Use Ad Extensions: Ad extensions provide additional functionality or information to ads. You can add extensions like calls and messaging that directly lead to leads.
- Write Compelling Ad Copy: The more interesting your ad is, the more likely a user is
- going to click on it and become a lead.
Utilizing social media platforms is another great way to increase leads to your website. In 2020, there were 3.96 billion people active on social media in the world. Based on the volume of people on social media alone, it is critical that you promote your website on these platforms.
Lead Generation On Social Media Platforms
Facebook is currently the most popular social media platform, and it is a great place to generate leads. Here are some tips for attracting leads on Facebook:
- Include offers in ads
- Monitor comments
- Make calls-to-action obvious
- Take advantage of Facebook Lead Ads
- Choose ad targeting options
Instagram is another popular social media platform where leads can be generated. Below are some great ways to get leads to your website from this platform:
- Engage with your audience
- Use tools like Instagram Live and Stories
- Add calls-to-action in posts
- Reach out to influencers for potential partnerships
- Use Instagram Lead Ads
- Create Facebook lookalike audiences
- Share user-generated content
Twitter is one of the three most popular social media platforms and a great place to gain leads for your website. Here are some strategies to get leads from Twitter.
- Create a Twitter Ads account
- Choose the right format for your ads
- Create videos
- Add calls-to-action that generate leads
- Pin a tweet that is relevant to your target audience
- Segment your audience by using Lists
- Monitor conversations
SEO vs. PPC: Which will drive the best results for you? When researching products, 80% of shoppers start online. How do you capitalize on those potential leads? You need your site to show up in their search results, and you can accomplish that through search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click advertising (PPC). Both aid in […]
How Does Web Design Impact SEO? 6 Tips for Optimized Design Have you ever visited a site that took forever to load? Or maybe the page was difficult to navigate? We’ve all experienced that, so you probably know firsthand that web design matters. But does web design impact SEO? Yes! Web design impacts search engine […]
Drive More Engagement With These 8 Social Media Tips for Businesses With 5 billion active users, social media provides an enormous opportunity for your business to engage with potential customers. Social platforms bring incredible reach — and drive results for your bottom line. But where do you begin? How do you leverage social media’s potential? […]
Just like writer’s block, running into an idea block with online marketing ideas is an awful feeling. You need new blog post ideas or want to create a cool infographic. How should we approach this advertisement? You feel like you are in a hole or rut that you can’t get out of no matter how […]