Content Lifecycle Management
No matter what type of business you own or manage, content marketing is an effective marketing strategy. It can help you increase brand awareness and recruit customers to drive sales. Managing your content’s lifecycle can help you repurpose, optimize, and maintain all web content.
Keep reading to learn more about content lifecycle management. If you are interested in incorporating content marketing solutions, WebFX is here to help you get started. Give us a call at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist today!
What is content lifecycle management?
Content lifecycle management (CLM) involves all the stages the content must go through, from brainstorming to publication. This process includes new content and content you decide to update or repurpose, like blog posts, infographics, and videos.
CLM is a critical element of any business’s content strategy. This process includes everything from planning outlines to maintaining your website content. By paying attention to the beginning, middle, and end of data creation, you can avoid publishing irrelevant content to your readers.
What are the stages of content lifecycle management?
To manage your content effectively, you have to know where it is in the lifecycle. There are five main stages:
- Planning: You’ll begin developing an overall plan and strategy during this stage. You’ll want to narrow down your goal and what you want to accomplish once you publish the content. Knowing why you are publishing a piece of content will help you target a specific audience and come up with a way to measure if it was successful.
- Producing: In the producing stage, you’ll brainstorm the main topics and subtopics for your blog, infographic, or video. This stage might also involve collaborating with other content creators or members within your organization to ensure the content is accurate, engaging, and meets the target audience’s needs.
- Publish: Once the content has been reviewed and approved, it’s time to publish it. Where and how you decide to promote and publish it will depend on your specific audience. Understanding their needs and preferences is critical to the success of your content once it’s live on your site and you begin promoting it.
- Analyzing: When your content goes live, you’ll want to keep up with your web analytics to monitor how well your post is doing. Pay close attention to specific data, like the number of visitors and your bounce rate. You can gain insight into how well your content attracts and retains visitors.
- Updating: Every so often, you’ll want to perform some maintenance on your live content. If any data or information is inaccurate, out-of-date, or irrelevant, you’ll want to remove and replace it. When reviewing past posts, you can look for sections to expand on or reoptimize with new or better-ranking keywords.
Benefits of content lifecycle management
With the content management lifecycle, you can:
- Deliver a positive user experience by providing relevant, engaging content.
- Ensure better performance through content analytics.
- Maintain a higher Google ranking by delivering up-to-date content that thoroughly answers web browsers’ questions.
- Improve your business’s reputation by consistently delivering quality content.
Content lifecycle management best practices
Before beginning any content marketing campaign, here are a few practices to keep in mind to increase your chances of success:
- Brainstorm: Getting to know your target audience’s needs, pain points, and desires will allow you to create more targeted content that catches their attention, keeps their interest, and moves them to action. You can find inspiration and ideas in many different areas, ranging from your customer service team to your competitors.
- Create a content calendar: With a content calendar, you’ll find it easier to stay organized and keep your content on a publishing schedule. You’ll plan your content ahead of time to ensure consistent growth throughout the year.
- Develop an efficient workflow: Every business’s workflow could look different. The key is figuring out what processes work best for you to maximize your team’s efficiency and output.
- Use a content marketing platform: A content marketing platform is where you’ll keep all the content you produce. Other content team members can easily access and make necessary edits, helping streamline the process.
How WebFX can help
For more than 25 years, WebFX has been delivering comprehensive digital marketing solutions that help businesses reach their visibility and revenue goals. Depending on your specific needs and vision, we offer content marketing service packages that include everything from planning your content marketing strategy to tracking the published content.
Your business will also take advantage of our content management systems (CMS), which make it easy for multiple users to manage and edit your website’s content and applications.
No matter your budget, we offer customized CMS pricing packages designed to fit your business. We can help you get started and experience the benefits of a streamlined, flexible website. From established CMS solutions to a fully custom CMS, you can count on WebFX to optimize your site and help perform on Google.
Request a free proposal to get started today!
Are you in need of a Google marketing strategy to grow your business online? With over a billion searches conducted on Google daily, any business can benefit from marketing its products and services through this robust search engine. Have you thought about how it can help yours? Well, Google can help your business in many […]Read more
Link juice, also called link equity, is a concept that determines how much value a link has when it’s used on other pages. Multiple factors contribute to this value, from the page’s authority and relevance to HTTP status codes and more. Link juice is one of several criteria that Google uses to determine a page’s […]Read more
Whether you’re writing a service page or a blog post, having a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is crucial to gaining traffic, improving rankings, and reaching your business’s goals. Once you research, incorporate keywords and backlinks, and add detailed, relevant content, that’s pretty much all there is to it — right? Although the bulk of […]Read more
Among the endless number of marketing tips and tricks, optimizing anchor text may be one of the most important. Using internal and external links in your content can promote your brand, build trust and create more authority. However, the words you attach links to — called anchor text — matter as much as the links […]Read more